Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Online issues of Indological journals

I repeatedly find my self searching for back issues of journals, and between searches I forget what I learned the first time.  Here are some notes to myself, to remind myself what can be found online.  I'm writing this in April 2018, so moving walls will have moved in future years.
  • Indo-Iranian Journal
  • Indologica Taurinensia
  • Journal asiatique (with gaps):
  • Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies (Indogaku Bukkyogaku Kenkyu)
  • JIABS: Journal of the International Association of Buddhist Studies 

  • Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal
  •  Journal of the Royal Asiatic of Bengal
  • Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bombay
  • Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society
    • 1824-1834 JSTOR (Transactions of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland)
    • 1834-1990 JSTOR (The Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland
    • 1991-2013 JSTOR (Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society)
  • Journal of the Pali Text Society
  • Orientalia Suecana
  • Philosophy East and West 1951-2014
  • The Pandit many issues identified and linked at Shreevatsa's blog.
  • Transactions of the Philological Society  
    • many issues from 1854-1946 identified and linked by U. Penn.
  • Wiener Zeitschrift für die Kunde Süd- und Ostasiens
    • 1991-20?? JSTOR , five-year moving wall.
  • Zeitschrift der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellschaft
    • 1847-present (I believe) JSTOR; MLU (1847-2013, more coming).